January 30, 2001- Wolfram Research, Inc. is proud to announce the release of Mathematica for Students 4.1, offering all of the power and convenience of the world’s leading technical computing software at a price designed to fit the student budget.
Key improvements and new features in Mathematica for Students 4.1 include the following:
- Enhanced symbolic differential equation solvers
- Dramatic speed improvements in statistics functions
- Improved MathML integration, including copying and pasting of formulas to web browsers
- New support for Linux (PC, PowerPC) platforms
- New and faster import and export filters for Excel files, tabular data, compressed BMP, DXF, and STL
Visit our web site for a complete list of new features.
“Wolfram Research has always held the view that students need and deserve to work with the same full-power software as technical professionals,” says Lars Hohmuth, Manager of Strategic Marketing at Wolfram Research. “That is why we offer students exactly the same features that have made Mathematica the overwhelming choice of leading companies and research institutions worldwide.”
“We want to give students both the power to explore advanced subjects and a seamless transition into the workplace upon graduation,” Hohmuth continues. “To facilitate this, we offer special student pricing both for Mathematica itself and for a large part of our Applications Library.”
See the Mathematica for Students web site for more product details.