November 14, 2007–Mathematica 6, released just six months ago, has already opened the door to revolutionary breakthroughs in technical computing, especially for interactivity, graphics, and data integration. Now, newly updated add-ons for many specific fields are available, extending Mathematica‘s rich functionality to specialized tasks.
In addition to creating its own application packages, Wolfram Research has long teamed with third-party developers to build powerful solutions for a wide variety of fields, including finance, aerospace and defense, manufacturing, medicine, and more. These packages allow people to tap into the full power of Mathematica without having to develop complex task-oriented code of their own.
The following applications are fully compatible with Mathematica 6:
- AceFEM–Finite-element environment for Mathematica
- AceGen–Multi-language, multi-environment numerical code generation
- Derivatives Expert–Innovative securities and derivatives analysis
- Digital Image Processing–Powerful, fast image processing and analysis
- Global Optimization–Reliable global optimization for constrained and unconstrained nonlinear functions
- LensLab–Entry-level ray-tracing in Mathematica
- machine learning framework–Complete solution for extracting computational models from data
- MathCode C++–Optimized C++ code conversion from Mathematica programs
- Mathematica Link for Excel–Bringing the power of Mathematica to Excel
- MathModelica System Designer Professional–Model-based design for multiengineering systems
- MathOptimizer Professional–Advanced global and local nonlinear optimization
- Parallel Computing Toolkit–Bringing parallel computation to Mathematica
- Rayica–New generation of optical design software
- SchematicSolver–Schematic capture and symbolic solving of analog and digital systems
- Statistical Inference Package–Application-oriented statistical inference
- Time Series–Fully integrated environment for time-dependent data analysis
- A WorkLife FrameWork–Extending, organizing, and visualizing your everyday work in Mathematica
All of the above require Mathematica 6, and most are available for a wide range of platforms.
For a complete list of Wolfram application packages and other Mathematica-based software, see our product pages.
Those interested in developing new application packages for Mathematica are invited to join the Wolfram Product Program.