Its key features include the following:
- Supports MPI specification
- Runs Mathematica symbolic manipulation across a cluster, as cluster computing handles more than numerics
- Drastically reduces execution time for Mathematica algorithms (up to 8 times faster on a single 8-CPU mode and up to 32 times faster on a cluster of four 8-CPU nodes)
- Maximizes resource utilization in multi-CPU machines
- Performs symbolic manipulations across a cluster
- Employs a distributed memory model for using the RAM of the entire cluster to run memory-consuming applications
Developed by Advanced Cluster Systems, LLC, and Dauger Research, Inc., SEM requires gridMathematica 2.2 or Mathematica Personal Grid Edition 6 and is available for Mac OS X 10.4.11 and up.
For more information, visit the product pages.